Let's start this blog up with a recent recipe!
Quick, relatively inexpensive to make, it quickly became my favorite salad to make (coming from someone who wouldn't touch a salad a month or so ago).
Cheesy BLT salad wih Ceasar dressing
- Lettuce leaves (for a healthier version, use spinach leaves)
- 1 small globe tomato
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of Mozarella cheese
- 6 strips of smoked bacon*
*I used Oscar Meyers Fully Cooked bacon for a quick fix.
- Ceasar dressing
1. Take out a skillet and boil about 1/8" of water in it. Chop the bacon into tiny pieces and cook covered for about 5 minutes and uncovered for another 2 to get it crispy.
2. While the bacon is cooking, wash and cut the tomato as you see fit (personally, I like to cut them into bite size pieces) as well as the lettuce leaves. Make sure the leaves are nice (no blackening) Arrange in two plates.
3. When the bacon is done, scoop the pieces with a spoon and serve over the simple salad. Serve with 1/8 of both cheese on top of each plate and about a tablespoon of dressing.
Simple yes, but an effective meal for people on the move. :D