Monday, September 21, 2009

Chow Mein with Sautéed Chicken



I made this dish as a farewell gift from yours truly to a departing friend of my boyfriend, to whom I'd cooked for a couple of times. He was always complaining of the lack of a Panda Express in our college town, and I figured my last meal with him should be any sort of Chinese meal.

The original noodle recipe is from the 1996 FamilyFun Cookbook (one of my very first cookbooks).

Chow Mein with Sautéed Chicken
Ingredients
-1 pound of Chinese Noodles (I used Angel Hair pasta instead)
-1/ 4 cup of creamy peanut butter
-1/ 2 cup of hot water
-1/ 3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of honey
-1 crushed garlic
-1 tbsp chopped/grated ginger
-4 scallions, cut into 1/ 2 -inch pieces

Sautéed Chicken
-1 tbsp of butter
-2 chicken breasts
-All-purpose seasoning
-Salt and Pepper

In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter with the hot water until creamy. Whisk in the soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger.

Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Season to taste. Melt the butter in a wok until it sizzles and cook the chicken to a golden brown color. Add the noodles, scallions and the mixture to finish.

Serve with toasted bread, and if your guests are particularly daring, wasabi paste.

Serves 6 to 8.
Home Made Chicken Chow Mein on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails