Friday, October 9, 2009

Black Tea Cupcakes



Another one of my experiments in the cupcake area, it came to me while thinking of a way to use different flavors in my baking. Ever since a friend of mine introduced me to black tea, I've been drinking it as a substitute to cola and I thought I could use it as a cupcake flavor, since Cupcake Creations has a nice Chai tea recipe.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp + 1 tsp of black tea mixture
1 egg
1/3 cup of sugar, plus extra for topping
1/3 cup of butter, softened
1/3 cups of Self-rising flour, sifted
1/12 cup of milk (about one-third of 1/4 cup)
1 tsp of cinnamon sugar, plus extra for topping
1 tsp of vanilla extract


Preheat the oven to 320° F. Line the cupcake tray with non-stick spray. Boil 1/4 cup of water and add the tea mixture


In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg, add the butter and sugar, then mix until light and fluffy. Add the milk, flour and tea. Whisk until the consistency is light and creamy.


Divide the mixture evenly between each hole (about 3/4 of the way up, to leave space for their expansion). Bake for 15-18 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.


Allow the cupcakes to cool down and rest until they're cool enough to eat. Sprinkle the extra cinnamon and sugar to top and enjoy!


Makes 4.



Black Tea Cupcakes on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails