Monday, December 7, 2009

Spicy Red Kidney Beans

Damn, it feels good to blog again! :D

Yes, I've been a bit MIA (almost 2 weeks since my last post). The reason, in short, would be that for those two weeks, I had no real urge to blog. I hadn't come up with any good recipes, had a very stressful time with my classes and reeled back into bad eating habits (in other words, eating out). Now, I got a little bit of that blogging itch again, so I'd better make use of it!


A small surprise I made for my boyfriend for dinner. He loves beans (specifically ones from a Rincon barbecue place called “El Cerdito del Cielo” (The Piggie from Heaven). I haven't tasted them myself (not a big bean fan), but by his words, their ham cooked beans are probably the best he's ever had. These might not be them, but they rank a close second in his book.

Ingredients
1 can of red kidney beans
1 can of tomato paste
2 generous tbsp mild chunky Salsa dip
2 tbsp All purpose seasoning
2 tbsp oregano
scant 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
3 slices of ham cubed (about 1/ 2 cup)
salt and black pepper to taste
3/ 4 cups of water
2 tbsp of olive oil
1tsp of ground chili pepper

In a medium pot, mix all the ingredients together and set the temperature to medium-high on  the stove. Cook covered for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Uncover and cook for an additional 15 minutes on low-medium so the sauce may thicken.

Serve over hot cooked rice or meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails